Apr 9, 2009

Caramel Pudding




This is something my mom always used to make when we make biriyani at home. I dont make this often now a days but i got nostalgic when i made biriyani last week. I thought i'll give a try in my electric oven (my friend Safia gave me this idea). But hers burned a lot on the top.. I think my oven is much more bigger than hers so may be thats the reason mine didnt get burned that much.

My mom used to make it in cooker with out the whistle on and cook it for a long time. But i think the Electric oven is much more easier that the cooker!
Its very easy to make and and you will have all the ingredients

4 eggs
3 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
sugar 3/4 cup (u can increase as per ur taste)
2-3 spoons of sugar to caramelise (separate)


Preheat oven at 180 C
Beat the eggs lightly and add all other ingredients to it except the sugar.
Sprinkle the sugar set aside for caramelising on a oven proof dish.
Keep it on a top rack of the oven till its brown
Slowly add the milk and egg mixture to it.
Put it back into the oven and let it bake for 30-40mts
Turn upside down after cooling.

Please note that the top layer will burn a little bit. You can take off the layer after it cools off. Also after 30 mts insert a tooth pick to check whether its done. Its will be a little bit of watery on the top so dont get a wrong impression that its not baked.

  • This is how it will look once its out of the oven.
  • After the top layer is peeled off it will look like this.

No comments: